Tuesday 4 December 2012

Why A Catholic Heart For Home

There isn't actually just one reason why I chose my blog name. I should first confess that I tried other names but they were already taken.

Home is where the heart is, I don't exactly remember where that quote is from originally but I believe it to be true in many respects. As a Catholic, as a Christian I am called to have a heart for the Lord, to yearn for my heavenly home. Before I get there, in order to get there I have to live the life I have been given now. I have to live it honestly, prayerfully, I have to live it with a heart for God and not for the world.

Psalms 37:4 is one of my favourite scripture verses "Delight in the Lord and He will give you your hearts desires". I have had many interpretations for the verse pass through my mind and heart over time but I have to think that if my heart is for God then my desire is for His will. So I take delight in the Lord and my heart will desire His will for me and seek it. I will seek to live in a way that glorifies and pleases Him

A Catholic Heart for Home is also growable, if I continue blogging and I get married and have those 14 kids that I'm looking forward too, then I don't need to change the name of the blog because my heart will not change regardless of wherever and with whomever my home is, living the life that I am given in a way that glorifies and pleases God.

No comments:

Post a Comment