Sunday 30 December 2012

2012 A Look Back

I started doing this a few years ago after having a very up and down year because although I couldn't help but acknowledge the bad I also wanted to celebrate the good. When things are bad it is often hard to remember the good.

I got my heart broken. Which turned out to be a bad and surprisingly a great thing.

I am studying my Catholic Faith more. This was actually on my 2012 A look forward list so I accomplished or am accomplishing something I set out to do this year.

I started learning to sew and am actually doing okay with it. I won't be signing up for Project Runway anytime soon but I like where I'm at.

I am getting betting at meal planning and freezer cooking. I love to cook but sometimes it can be time consuming and there are the days where I can't think of anything I actually want so this has really been a help.

I started a blog. Well if you are reading this I'll let you judge how that is going.

I didn't get to travel at all this year, not that I am a frequent traveler or anything but I really wanted to go to a few events this year but for differing reasons that did not happen but I'm okay with that. Next year God willing I already have a few irons on the fire that I will get to go to a few.

I am putting myself out there, being a little more outgoing, trying new things without my friends around for back up. I took a cooking class and made a friend.

I am trying to be a little more organized in my home life. I started a home management binder, I have put all my recipes into another binder and I am working on keeping a cleaning schedule. It's something I am still working on but hope to improve and tweak in 2013.

I joined pinterest (yes I know I'm late to the party, very late I only joined less than 2 months ago) and I am slightly hooked. Recipe and craft ideas abound, I have to think of a 12, 52, 13 or something things to do in 2013.

I have learned how to run a house. It is very easy to have an idea in the abstract but living it is so very different. I have tried my hand at plumbing and minor repairs, problem solving when I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

I have survived a year of living with my sister, there is no child I could ever have (knock on wood) that could be a pickier eater. I'm not sure if it is a good or bad thing that we are so close to my mother and grandmother in this case.

I got an android phone, which I love and is making my Faith life uber accessible. I have Catholic Radio, Liturgy of the Hours, Mass Readings, prayers, bibles, etc all on one device to take with me wherever I go. I'm also going a little crazy "with friends" hanging, scramble, words. Plus I have twitter, pinterest, facebook, email and blogs.

2012 has been an amazing year. There have been disappoints, surprises both good and bad, growing (lots of growing), joys, cheers, celebrations, losses and gains. I look forward to what 2013 brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment