Thursday 13 December 2012

A Light for St Lucy

This year for Advent I am trying to celebrate all the Feast Days in a special way, some are easier to accomplish than others. For St Nicholas I just gave a little extra at collection to honour his generosity and I had chocolate, although I'm not sure that exactly counts.

For the Immaculate Conception I prayed a Novena leading up, attended Mass of course. For Our Lady of Guadalupe I prayed JP II prayer to Our Lady of Guadalupe and had Mexican food, tacos. I also had a great reflection on the conversation between Our Lady and Juan Diego.




For St Lucy I am lighting a candle throughout the day as reminder to pray, to remember and reflect on the light of the world that we are patiently preparing for throughout Advent.

Prayer to St Lucy

Saint Lucy,
Whose beautiful name
Signifies light, By the light of Faith
Which God bestowed upon you,
Increase and preserve
His light in my soul,
So that I may avoid evil,
Be zealous in the performance
Of good works,
And abhor nothing
So much as the blindness
And the darkness
Of evil and sin.

Obtain for me,
By your Intercessory
With God,
Perfect vision
For my bodily eyes
And the grace to use them
For God's greater honor
And glory
And the salvation of souls.

St. Lucy,
Virgin and martyr,
Hear my prayers
And obtain my petitions.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment