Friday 7 December 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday: I Started A Blog


--- 1 ---
I started my blog on the 1st Sunday of Advent. It's a new blog for a new Liturgical Year.  It is still very much a work in progress with respect to formatting and all that techie stuff which I should have settled by the end of the calendar year.
--- 2 ---
I blogged everyday this week. I wanted to post something everyday of my inaugural week and I accomplished that. It helped that I usually take off work during Advent so that I home and not at work during the day, with the exception of errands and morning Mass.
--- 3 ---
I joined my very first link up with my very first post. Monday, the day after my blog went live I stumbled upon an invitation to join a weekly link up that will run on the Mondays of Advent. Little Holy Days of Advent are looking for Advent and Christmas posts.
--- 4 ---
Totally not blog related but I'm following the Pope on twitter.
--- 5 ---
I cooked a whole chicken in the slow cooker on Sunday, I'll be writing a post on that. I got the most possible out of that chicken, as is on Sunday, made chicken stock Sunday night and made chicken soup on Wednesday.
--- 6 ---
I started a short series to talk about Christmas in Trinidad and Tobago. This week's post talks about the music, although I focused mainly on parang, there are other newer genres of Christmas music
--- 7 ---
I can't promise that I'll do a quick takes every week. I have been reading them for a while but it is harder than I thought to pick out 7 things from my week. I can do like some of you and put a funny picture or something at the end but I am just a little bit lazy busy right now to do that.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments: