Friday 4 January 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday #5 The First QT For 2013


--- 1 ---
It's a new year, a fresh start, about a month of mixing up last year, this year, next year and the year before. I may be the only one (someone please tell me I'm not the only one) but at the start of every year when I am talking about something that has happened or that I plan to do I almost always get confused about the time period. I say this year when I mean last year, last year when I mean the year before, I say come January when we are already in January and I always write the wrong year sometimes it's not even the previous year's year.
--- 2 ---

This year I attended New Year's Day Mass at Mt St Benedict, it's a beautiful Monastery in the East of the island. I haven't actually attended NYD Mass at my own parish in years, what started as a fluke has just built itself into a tradition. I cannot remember exactly how it started but it happened a couple times in a row, fast forward to last year Latin Mass was being offered on a limited basis and I decided on that and this year my neighbour suggested we go up to the Mount so I have already decided next year God willing I will definitely be looking into somewhere else to try.

--- 3 ---
I successfully hosted a get together on New Year's day. 6 kids, 3 of whom are toddlers, 3 teenagers, 7 adults. Our place is really small and you don't realize how small until you try to fit that many people and have little kids running and rolling around. My sister and I gathered people from differing branches of our lives and everyone got on really well, we had people talking and swapping stories as if they had always known each other.
--- 4 ---
The food at our little get together was amazing if I do say so myself. I panicked a lot in the preparation, one friend called to cancel because she is sick so I worried that I would be making too much food. Then I forgot that my corn casserole takes over an hour to bake and was worried that everything wouldn't finish in sync like I wanted to and everyone would be sitting waiting. Everything finished in good timing we didn't have too much food or too little and we just the right amount of leftovers.
--- 5 ---
My sister was a great help in keeping the clean-up ongoing so that I was not left with a huge pile to take care of at the end of the night. I told her thank you and she asked me for what, I do tend to just give instructions (which she ignores at will) because in my mind I know how I want things to go, it was nice to just let her take the initiative and just do what I needed to do without getting overly stressed. 2013 I will try to let her take the initiative without always pointing out what she needs to be doing, it may be good for both of us.
--- 6 ---
Ever notice how totally talented little hands can be at getting into things sometimes. At Christmas we put a couple candy jars on the coffee table and the almost 2 year seemed to have no problem getting into it, the 3 year old was even more efficient. It's a glass dish and no one dropped it and they all managed to open it silently.
--- 7 ---
I am back at work for real this time and already hard at it. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines. Don't these people know that the year just started, the funny thing is that we are working on a project using figures and info from the last 5 years.

P. S IT'S STILL CHRISTMAS!!!
 



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment