Friday 18 January 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday #7


--- 1 ---
I had an unexpected day off this week, YEA!!!!!! The electric company were doing some exchanges or whatever in the area so no power and then the generator failed. Not half an hour before a co-worker was reading an article in the papers about how it is good for your health to take a day off during the week.
--- 2 ---

I learned in disgusting detail what exactly is a partial birth abortion and I was sick for the rest of the day. I got a headache and lost my appetite. What exactly goes through another human being to actually be able to do that, I only heard the details I feel gross.

--- 3 ---
Abortion is illegal in Trinidad so while I have prayed for the unborn, the evil act itself was kind of abstract to me. There are no clinics here to pray in front of, thanks be to God, there is a March for Life annually as we walk and pray to keep this evil from our island.
--- 4 ---
On to more pleasant subjects, this has been the week of sinus headaches for me. I hate getting them, they are as bad as migraines for me but the most perfect cure for me is a sneeze. I sniff eucalyptus oil like I'm crazy trying to ease the pressure or make myself sneeze which seems to be working got a couple sneezes the last couple days and the pressure is way down,
--- 5 ---
I am now on a regular schedule for Eucharistic Ministry for evening Masses. A schedule will help keep me accountable because evenings are hard when I'm tired from work and I have to face traffic that it is easy to just say "maybe tomorrow". Yesterday I was very tempted to go straight home but I'm glad I didn't and now there is the schedule.
--- 6 ---
I was domestically good this week prepping and freezing veggies for quick and easy meals. It is a fun job, it's boring and tiring chopping, slicing and dicing just to fill ziplock bags, especially when your head is pounding and the couch is calling screaming your name.
--- 7 ---
For the repose of the soul of Fr Henry Charles who died suddenly this week, ironically while preparing for a funeral. I actually drove by the church during on all the going on and thought it was strange the activity I saw going on in the church yard but thought nothing of it. Then 2 friends left condolences on FB and then I read it in the papers the following day where, when and how.
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.


 



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment