Monday 4 February 2013

Seven Sundays of St Joseph

I prayed this last year and yesterday I started praying it for this year but I almost didn't.

I had forgotten about it or at least it wasn't on my mind and then last Thursday I believe it was I thought about it. I didn't think to much about it but it crossed my mind out of the blue and more than once during that day but I still didn't pay too much mind to it. Then Friday morning I thought about it again and this time I thought I would like to pray it again but couldn't remember when it would start so I would look it up. Friday turned out to be a very busy day at work so I didn't get to look it up and kind of forgot about it again.

Friday evening I thought about it on my drive from work to Adoration so I once again said I would look it up but when I got to church their wi-fi was being spotty (I got to church early and was waiting in the parking lot) and my 4g wouldn't turn on because it was reading a saved wi-fi signal so I let it go. When I got home I had a lot to do because Saturday was a busy day and I needed to get some things started so I didn't take any time to check and before I knew it I was sleeping on the couch with a load in the washing machine and my veges for the soup that I wanted to get started in the slow-cooker before leaving for 7a.m Mass wasn't even prepped. So yet again I did not look up.

Saturday morning was just a comedy of errors with finishing the laundry and the soup for lunch going and getting ready before racing out of the house with no time to spare to make it to Mass, I even forgot the candles that I was so proud for remember to get. They usually have candles for those who forgot and I just got one of those. I spent some time in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel after Mass and thought about the prayer again and promised myself that I would definitely look it up when I got home. I ran my Saturday errands got home just before lunch, started another load of laundry and finished up the soup, cleaned up the kitchen and called my grandmother over for lunch.

I had one more errand to run and when I came home there was a road crew in front of my house so I had to park lower down, blocking other cars and carry my load home. I had told someone where I was in case they needed my car move and just as I was almost finished doing everything they came for me to move my car. It was around 3 I think, maybe a little after and I had to meet a friend to hitch a ride to another friend's house for bible study, I needed to leave around 5. I was not in the best of moods and definitely didn't look up the prayer.

Sunday the road crew was back by the time I got home from church, but the Seven Sundays of St Joseph prayer was no where on my mind, at least not in the morning. Then Sunday evening as I was settling into my evening prayer-time I  thought about it again and I told myself that I would look it up after I was done. However I think the Holy Spirit was getting a little distressed with me and putting stuff off so I got an extra urge to look it up "now". The devotion occurs during the seven Sundays leading to the Feast of St Joseph on March 19th so I checked the calendar and lo and behold yesterday was that 7th Sunday.

Times like these when God is leading you and you know and see His hand definitely in your life always makes me feel special. This is not a regular devotion for me, and definitely not one I was thinking about doing this year but He wanted me to, so He put it in my mind and my heart and kept after me with it until I did it. I don't think it is any coincidence either that I kept forgetting and remembering or that I had all those obstacles when I did remember. He wanted me to have a visible look at His hand in my life at this time and I can't wait to see where He is leading me with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment