Friday 8 February 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday #10


--- 1 ---
I went to Adoration on Friday and as I was leaving a lady said to me "It was wonderful being with Him wasn't it". It was and it was wonderful that she said that to me. I go there for Adoration every month but it is not my Parish just close to my work so I don't know the lady, she was so joy-filled that she had to share it with a stranger.
--- 2 ---

On Saturday the candles I was so proud of remembering to get, I forgot them at home. I got a free one at Mass but I was still disappointed that I forgot my own

--- 3 ---
Yesterday, Thursday I had a half day at work and since I didn't want to go home and then come back out again (I had to assist at evening Mass) I went to the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. It was just what I needed.
--- 4 ---
Today I'll likely have another half day, although I don't think I'll get to the Blessed Sacrament Chapel again today. It's Carnival Friday so there will be all kinds of going ons in preparation for the weekend so I might just come home.
--- 5 ---
It's Carnival weekend, that means a super long weekend, I won't be back at work until Wednesday. The kids take to the streets on Saturday and Sunday, while the adults have there turn on Monday and Tuesday. Costume pick up for the adults have been going on all week, the last of the tourists have been arriving, the schools have been having their events.
--- 6 ---
Lent starts on Wednesday and I am ready. I am going to enjoy my last few days of meat over this long weekend (not today since it's Friday). That's the original reason for Carnival, it was one big celebration to eat all the meat and get out all the "jitters" before the start of Lent. There is a bit more to it so that is just the quicktake version.
--- 7 ---
I'm rushing so no song this week, so I'll just wish everyone a great weekend.







 



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment