Friday 15 February 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday #11


--- 1 ---
The Pope is resigning. I think I am still a little in shock cause I believe I have been to calm and accepting through this whole thing. I found out on Twitter and thought it was a joke, then I saw a post on facebook by one of my seminarian friends and then I saw it somewhere else on social media and I knew it had to be real. Finally after all that I heard it on traditional media, I am choosing to get all my update from Catholic sources to avoid whatever unnecessary commentary that I can avoid
--- 2 ---

I will be praying a Novena for Pope Benedict's last few days and then I'll be praying for the College of Cardinals as they make their decisions and then I'll be praying for our new Pope. I had already planned to make this an extra prayerful Lent, I'm getting my wish in spades.

--- 3 ---
Lent has started. Ash Wednesday started with getting to 6:30 morning Mass early yet I only managed to grab the last make-shift parking spot i.e one that was not blocking someone else and not easily hit.
--- 4 ---
Ash Wednesday a day of fasting and abstinence, a day spent in constant prayer to for Jesus to change my physical hunger into a hunger for Him. I have done this before but once again it seems God has taken my desire to be more prayerful to heart, I have never seen so many food ads in quick succession. Food at every turn 
--- 5 ---
My favourite link-up is back Little Holy Days (sorry Quick takes). I really enjoyed that link-up during Advent and am really looking forward to it for Lent.
--- 6 ---
I almost got to spend some time with a possibly great guy on Valentine's Day but the timing didn't work out. I'm of two minds about that. On one hand it would have been great to spend the day with someone on the other hand St Valentine's Day may be a dangerous day for possibly starting a relationship.
--- 7 ---
A song to end the week.










 



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment