Tuesday 12 February 2013

Ready For Lent

Lent start tomorrow and I believe I'm ready.

I picked up my copy of the Magnificat Lenten Companion a couple weeks ago. I have a meatless meal plan done to help me stay on track and not overwhelmed. I have my "game" plan together.





My goal for Lent is to get to KNOW God better, so that I can LOVE Him more and therefore SERVE Him better and more joyfully.


I ordered The Eucharist: A Bible Study Guide for Catholics by Fr. Mitch Pacwa last Friday it is currently available free shipping from Our Sunday Visitor.  
I was actually going to get Christopher West's new book for my Lenten reading
because I have been thinking about it for a while and it is already on my amazon wishlist. Then I had a thought that I wanted to do some reading on the Eucharist and then I saw a copy of Fr Pacwa's book. I told myself if it was offered free shipping I would order it otherwise I would try to get it locally whenever. Friday I got an email that it was being offered free shipping until April, I ordered it immediately.

I am currently praying the Seven Sundays of St Joseph and will start praying a 54 Day Rosary Novena from Ash Wednesday to Divine Mercy Sunday. In light of the Pope's I will be praying a Novena leading to his last day starting on February 19th and a St Joseph Novena leading up to the Feast of St Joseph on March 19th.

I will be praying the Stations of The Cross every Friday in Lent, I hope to be able to get to a church at least once, my friend's parish has it every Friday with Mass to follow but it is a long drive from my work and I will pray it once on my usual 1st Friday at Adoration.

I will continue with my daily reading of the Catechism and the Year of Faith 90 Bible Study. I have containers of books to donate to the library, there are about 3 or 4 of those white storage containers under my bed and a small box or two. I have a hard time letting go of books even if I am never going to read them again so I have quite a collection and it is time to let go.

The Year of Faith, losing a Pope in the midst of Lent, hopefully gaining a new one by Easter, I started this post before the announcement and now there are so many more reasons for us to pray during this Liturgical time and so many ways to grow in Faith and to stay Faithful.


No comments:

Post a Comment