Tuesday 10 September 2013

Not Alone Series: In Pursuit of Men

Can/Should a woman pursue a man. This is a topic I think most females discussed at one time or another with their friends, at least I have.




When we were kids and would ask my grandmother if we "can" do something like go outside and play she would always say of course you can, so when we though everything was good, getting ready to go out she would then say you may not. There was no physical limitation to us going outside but we were not allowed to at that time.

As women of course we can pursue men we have no physical limitation to us doing so, however that does not mean we should.

We women of the 21st century are taught it is okay to go after what we want, take the bull by the horns and all that. Well I want the man I eventually marry to pursue me, I want to know without a doubt that he wants me and is willing to put action to words.

Let's go all the way back to Adam, before God made woman He told Adam to choose a mate from all He had already created (even then man was pursuing woman) but he found no suitable helper so God created woman. Adam was happy, ecstatic exclaiming "This last one is bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh".

Juliet wasn't the one under the tower calling "Romeo, Romeo whereforth art thy Romeo." Man was made to pursue the heart of the woman he loves and a woman's heart was made to be pursue by man.

Now we don't just sit there letting the man do all the work with no action on our part. We are to encourage guys in their pursuit, if we are interested in the pursuit, this isn't about playing games to see how many guys we can get chasing us. Just because a guy was made to pursue means that it is easy for them, we ladies are fascinating, formidable and exciting creatures aka terrifying to a man in or on the verge of love so let's help them out. Help...not do the work for them.

There is no one way to how this help might look but an easy one is to make yourself less inaccessible. Smile more, say hello or good morning when you pass people during your day. Try not to be constantly knee deep in female friends, it's great to spend time with friends but sometimes it's better to be out with just 1 or 2 of them.

I am a shy so it is very unlikely for me to initially pursue a guy but I know when one shows interest and starts the pursuit I can get impatient if I think he is moving too slowly but I know I prefer to allow him to take the lead.

You can check out Jen for the link up to see what everyone else had to say and leave your own thoughts on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment