Friday 19 July 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday #32


--- 1 ---
Headed to a conference this weekend, really looking forward to it since I have wanted to go for a few years but just couldn't see myself making that drive back and forth over the weekend. Now I have a friend who lives up that way and has offered to put up a few of her wayward friends for the weekend.


--- 2 ---
Speaking of sleepovers one of my cousins asked me if she could come spend a weekend next month, I said yes. I have been wanting to have her stay over since we moved in (it's been almost two years already) but she has always been busy with school or out of the country so I am looking forward to it. It's a built in excuse to bake, I am already checking out some new recipes.


--- 3 ---
Four months until my vacation. I have been researching the Catholic Churches in the area of my hotel. I had originally been planning to attend only one but now I am thinking I could visit a few more. I can take a bus or two (I need to keep telling myself this), I would rent a car but I'm not sure how I feel about driving on the other side of the road.

--- 4 ---
I bought a new laptop. I have been window shopping at the HP Store for a few months now, stopping in every time I walk by. They were having a sale so I bit the bullet and bought one. My desktop is not as young as it used to be and sometimes freezes so I need an alternative besides waiting or restarting repeatedly.

--- 5 ---
For The Not Alone Series this week we looked at who we are right now, topic submitted by Alex. As always there were many great reminders and some new perspectives to look at.

--- 6 ---
I will be spending some time in front of the Blessed Sacrament this morning after Mass. I will be offering up prayers for some sad events in addition to my own and others who have asked me to pray for them. I should also have some Adoration time at the conference this weekend so feel free to leave any intentions.

--- 7 ---
A song to end the week.



























For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment