Tuesday 25 November 2014

Not Alone Series: Thanksgiving

The obvious and probably expected: Thanksgiving Post!! :)
In what ways are you thankful? Talk about anything you want here, folks!


"Give thanks to God the Father at all times and for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" Eph 5:20

Though life is not perfect or easy there is always so much to be thankful for and so many little thankful moments that we miss so I am very happy and thankful for this topic.

I am thankful for my family. My sister and I do not agree on many things but we slip so easily into just being in each other's company and friendship. Even when we have fought I know I can count on her to have my back when I really need it. My grandmother drove me crazy when I was younger with her "sage advice". She never stopped giving it even when we rolled our eyes and gave her bad attitude. I now quote my grandmother, a lot, when I'm trying to make a point or explain why I feel a certain way about things. She has influenced many of the things I find myself doing now. My cousins, they were my first friends and still are some of my most favourite people in the world.

I am thankful for my friends who nurture my Faith. Saturday I was supposed to do something but it got cancelled at last minute and I was not in a good mood. A friend of mine called me up to go to Adoration with her, I did not want to go and tried to get out of it but she kept at it and I went. I am so happy that I went it was exactly what I needed. Friends who pray for you and with you, send you funny messages, verses and timely quotes.

I am thankful for this online community which is also made up of friends. This community of beautiful Christian women has been a great blessing in my life in so many ways. I love how we encourage and support each other.

I am thankful for my Faith. Life gets hard sometimes and I think without my Faith it would feel so much harder.

I am thankful for the priests that I know. I have had one re-arrange a whole Saturday morning to come give Confession to a retreat group.

I am thankful that Advent is just a few days away. Advent is my favourite Liturgical season. In fact I am thankful for all the Liturgical Seasons of the church and how they are set out to help us grow and deepen our Faith and relationship with God.

There is so much we can be and should be thankful for. What are you thankful for? Leave a comment and visit Morgan for the link-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment