Friday 7 November 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday #61 Birthday Edition


--- 1 ---
It's my birthday today!!!!!! In my world my birthday is a holiday, one of the great things about having a birthday at the end of the year is frivolously using one of P.T.O days without worrying that an emergency will crop up and my days will have run out. The kid part of me is happy that my birthday is close enough yet far away enough from Christmas that people still remember to get me two presents and I don't have to wait to long between the two. My sister is 21 days before Christmas. and a cousin is 5 days after.


--- 2 ---
I am not alone celebrating my birthday today. Arlene Spencely is celebrating today. Her book Chastity is for Lovers comes out in a couple of weeks (a little book plugging for a birthday buddy). Apparently it is also Billy Graham's 96 birthday today.


--- 3 ---
I've been to Mass this morning and followed that up with some time in Adoration starting off this new year of life right. I'm having a special birthday lunch where I plan to indulge in 3 desserts this is in addition to the mini cupcakes and ice-cream I have waiting at home for me.


--- 4 ---
Tonight and the rest of my weekend will be spent at a Catholic Women's Conference. A couple friends I and will be having a very Spirit-filled girls weekend.



Teresa Tomeo will be one of the speakers, tomorrow I think and I am really looking. She also has a new book releasing soon Walk Softly and Carry a Great Bag (I'm all about the plugs today)

--- 5 ---
On the Not Alone Series we discussed our deal breakers again. How and why we hold on to our standards in dating. I mention my birthday in my post so this counts as a birthday take  Come check out the link up.

--- 6 ---
I usually celebrate my birthday for a whole week anyway, it's on the 7th it's practically a must, having it fall on a Friday I get to give myself a bonus weekend of celebrating. This past year has a great one, there were more ups than downs. I made new friends and kept most of my old ones. I tried new experiences and have been better for them. I grow daily in my Faith, my walk with God and my attempts to live a saintly life. Looking forward to what this year going forward brings.



--- 7 ---
A song has been stuck in my head every time I've been to Adoration lately (I've managed to get there 3 times this week including today) but I didn't really remember which song it was. "All to You I surrender. ALL to You my blessed Saviour. I surrender all." I knew I knew the song but couldn't remember and thought it was a great prayer for Adoration so I let it play in my head for a while. Today I remembered which song it is "More of You" by Colton Dixon.

So a song to end the week and words that make a great prayer to start my new year of life




















For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment