Friday 9 August 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday #35


--- 1 ---
I had a really exciting start to my week, the back passenger side (the left side) wheel of my car off while I was driving. Thank God it did not fly off or fall off before I could get my car safely to the side but nothing was holding that tire to the car. I felt a jerk like I got a flat tire and since I was close to a side street I pulled over there, it just happened to be be near "Precision Auto Service and Supply", God is so good. I may be clueless about cars but I know what a flat tire looks like and I didn't have one. A very nice gentleman, a worker at the auto place pointed out that the (I can't remember) nut had come off.


--- 2 ---
(Continuing 1) I called my uncle, cause I don't know cars. As they started to raise the car to get a better look the wheel fell off on it's own, everything that was supposed to hold the tire to the car had flown off. Thank God, thank you to my Guardian Angel (I only recently restarted saying the Guardian Angel prayer daily), thank God I always carry around a Miraculous Medal in my pocket, thank you to the Blessed Mother (I have prayed the Rosary in that car more times than I can count), thank God I always prayer the driver's prayer when I get behind the wheel. Thank God my uncle always comes when I call him, he drove my car home and I drove his for a couple days, although mine was fixed I wasn't in a hurry to drive it.

--- 3 ---
Today is a public holiday so Mass is at 7 instead of 6:30 but here I am up as I normally am. I don't like to get unaccustomed to my normal routine then have to be re-accustomed to it. Some call it crazy, some anal and still some disciplined. I call it me being me. I do have a brunch later this morning with some great ladies so I'm glad to be up to get things out of the way just in case brunch turns into a whole day. Last time I had plans for brunch with my friends it turned into lunch, snacks, games, dinner and movies.

--- 4 ---


--- 5 ---
For The Not Alone Series this week we looked at Envy and Singlehood. It was a topic open to our own interpretation so check out what everyone else thought
--- 6 ---
I need to get some songs for our upcoming retreat. Anything that sounds like a love song to God or songs about Faith or trust are what we are looking for so I am taking any and all suggestions. Right now we have a song by Hillsong and "Lord I need You" by Matt Maher.

--- 7 ---
A song to end the week.












For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment