Friday 3 May 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday #21


--- 1 ---
It's May, the month of Mary. I have been very lazy lately in writing posts although I have quite a few partially finished ones so for May I want to write, finish and publish a few on Mary. I am typically cautious about putting that out there but I need some accountability to get out of this rut. I have a strong devotion to Mary and always ask her to pray for me.
--- 2 ---

Sunday is Cinco de Mayo so I am planning some Mexican cooking. I am still trying to find a casserole that I think I might like and my sister will eat but I am definitely making a flan. I have three flan recipes to choose from pumpkin, pineapple and plain, I am thinking the pineapple sounds better or I might switch up some ingredients and make orange. I definitely want to write a post on that as well, the flan at least.
--- 3 ---
May is also mother's day just a week away, for that I am planning to make an Italian Cream Cake, I had one for my birthday a couple years ago and fell in love. I am looking forward to making this, the recipe appears simple enough, hopefully it will be a hit.
--- 4 ---
This has been a week of gift cards for me I now have 2 $25 i tunes gift cards, I know a few songs I want to get and a few new to me artists I want to try but I am open to suggestions. When the money does not actually come out of my pocket I am more inclined to try new and experiment a little. My amazon gift card is kind of already booked I have a wish list a mile long so I am getting "Fill these Hearts" by Christopher West, "Men, Women and the Mystery of Love" by Edward Sri, 2 books by Art Bennett. I am also trying to decide between this one and this one, I am getting all these as kindle editions so while I contemplate books I already ordered some quilting stuff which is supposed to be delivered today even though I only ordered it Wednesday using super saver free shipping which is supposed to be 5 to 8 days. Whenever I order it always comes early so I am not afraid to cheap out with shipping.
--- 5 ---
Headed to Adoration this evening after work, I usually only go once a month but a friend suggested it last Friday as a last minute thing so I went. It was just the two of us for a while in the Chapel, this church has Perpetual Adoration which I didn't realize, although it is too far for me to venture during the week is definitely something for the files.
--- 6 ---
Just an update on my friend's nephew who I mentioned last week, test results show no tumors but he is still losing his sight so there will be further testing but the family is so thankful that at least brain surgery is not in his immediate future.

--- 7 ---
A song to end the week.


















For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment