Friday 10 May 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday #22


--- 1 ---
This past weekend was beyond hectic. Friday night at sometime after 10 pm my friend texted me to remind of a planning meeting that she had previously forgotten to tell me about that was to take place the next day (Saturday) at 2 pm. I already had a packed day for Saturday but I really wanted to make the meeting so I ended up spending most of the day in the car and exhausted at the end of the day.
--- 2 ---

Somehow at that planning meeting from QT1. I agreed to be on TV. I am extremely introverted and have managed to avoid on-air appearances even though I have been on this committee for over a year. We will be doing a live panel show with the topic/theme "Trusting God" appropriate since I am trusting Him that I won't embarrass myself, sit there like a mute or get sick on camera.
--- 3 ---
Sunday, that same friend (QT 1) invited me to her youth group meeting, we belong to different Parishes. I got lost because traffic was diverted so I got there a little late but they had a very lively praise and worship session going on. I know a few people there so I didn't feel totally out of place but the group was very welcoming and inclusive. I will most likely be going back it was fun and I saw a few genuine magic tricks.
--- 4 ---
I made a Pineapple Cheesecake Flan on Saturday for Sunday, except for the fact that I tried to remove it from the pan before it was cooled enough it came out great and was a hit. I only manage to get 2 pieces.



--- 5 ---
Sunday I also made a enchilada casserole in keeping with my whole Mexican theme for Cinco de May. That was also a hit. The taco shells were on special, tequila was also on special but I don't drink.




--- 6 ---
Sunday is Mother's Day so Saturday I will be making an Italian Cream Cake, one ingredient has been eluding me although it's usually easy to find so there may be a substitution but I am looking forward to some baking this weekend.

--- 7 ---
A song to end the week.



















For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment