Friday 26 April 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday #20


--- 1 ---
Saturday I attended a Magnificat conference and it was wonderful. My groups presentation on Trust was well received, we based our presentation on the Mary's own trust. We had three great speakers who really had me thinking (I need to write up on this) and the praise and worship sessions were very uplifting. I got to catch up with a few people I hadn't seen in a while. It was an all around great day and worth giving up a whole Saturday for.
--- 2 ---

I don't eat a lot of spicy food because it generally irritates my sinuses, gives me headaches and a few other problems. The lunch served at Saturday's conference was a spicy chicken, it was not all that spicy according to my friend but because I don't eat it much it was very spicy to me and the headaches started on Sunday and continued until Wednesday. My sinuses were fine although the headaches were sinus related, go figure.
--- 3 ---
One of the cons of owning your own place is that all spontaneous repairs are your responsibility. Thursday morning just as I was getting ready for work one such repair popped up. I was already dressed and getting ready to head out to Mass, instead I found myself mixing filler and watching the clock. It was a fairly minor repair in the grand scheme of things but it was inconvenient, I was reading Stacey's (catholic and crunchy) post this week about control and this situation brought that around for me. When things did not go my way many times that day I was fairly okay with it because I knew God was in control.
--- 4 ---
As I was driving home today (Thursday) some kids crossed in front of me and then one turned to point at the front on my car and I thought oh no what am I going to have to clean off when I get home. It wasn't an unpleasant gift from a bird, no I had a hitch hiker, a huge grasshopper. He walked all over the front of my car, I thought he had jumped off when he went down the driver's side (the right side) of the car but then he came back up walking all over the windscreen, then he went up to the roof and then was back on the windscreen. He came all the way home with me, which was about a 10 minute drive.


I missed a great close up of his underside when he was smack dab in my line of sight but I was driving, he seems to like the driver's side.
--- 5 ---
Theology on Tap is coming. We will be calling it Spirit and Lime (in Trini a lime is not just a citrus fruit but it's what you call a get together), it's a play on words which I like. I have a conflict with the first day of the series but I really want to go at some point.
--- 6 ---
I am asking for prayers for my friend's 6 year old nephew who is losing his sight. While they are waiting on further tests and whatever the doctors suspect a brain tumor. He is only 6 so this is a really scary time for him with losing his sight and being poked and prodded by different doctors

--- 7 ---
A song to end the week.























For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment