Monday 8 April 2013

In Defense Of Mary

On this the Solemnity of The Annunciation I thought I would just jot down a few points on why I honour (not worship) Mary:-

1. The Bible tell us to - It's in the commandment "Honour Thy Mother and Thy Father". Mary is Jesus' mother, she is our mother. Just as He gave her to John, He gave her to us.

2. The Lord is with her. Luke 1:28 in Angel Gabriel's own words "Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you.

3. She is Blessed. Luke 1:42 Elizabeth's words "Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb."

4. Once again the Bible tells me to Luke 1:48 Mary's words "For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed."

That line from the Magnificat says it all, we are to call her blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment