Friday 1 November 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday #47


--- 1 ---
How can it be November already? Not that I'm complaining because my birthday is next week Thursday but really it's November already!!! Where did the time go?


--- 2 ---
Usually I have everything for my birthday planned way in advance but this year I have nothing. I think I am just going to make a pumpkin cheesecake but I have no idea what to do for dinner. I have a recipe for stuffed cabbage, I've never had that and I always like to try something new but this year I am supposed to go out since I usually do one year at home and the next year out to dinner. A friend wants to do Karaoke that might be fun.


--- 3 ---
I got the strangest penance when I went to Confession this past weekend, exercise (this is real penance for me since I don't). Fr did explain why, I have never gotten penance without explanation and it makes sense it is just still strange. This was a new to me priest, I liked him, he reminded me of my regular confessor just a little bit.


--- 4 ---
Heading to Adoration after work today, so looking forward to that. Anyone wants me to pray for them don't be afraid to ask.

--- 5 ---
For The Not Alone Series this week we looked at Settling. We shared our thoughts on settling in general so check them out.
--- 6 ---
The retreat was great, awesome, frustrating, uplifting, exhausting, renewing, heart-opening, humbling. Since I had two hats on this weekend I had about four different experiences. As a retreatant it was all things wonderful and a little bit surprising. As an organizing team member it was all things wonderful, exhausting, stressful and a little bit surprising. I would definitely do it again. In fact I am on the pre-registration team for another retreat happening this month but that just a small role.

--- 7 ---
A song to end the week.


















For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment