Saturday 19 October 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday #45


--- 1 ---
I actually started this on Thursday but it has become QT Saturday because I have so much that had to get done. Although the main culprit is the surprise birthday party that I attended Thursday night. I had told myself that I would leave at ten since I had to be at work on Friday and I have Mass at 6:30. I go home close to midnight but I had fun, my friend was surprised and I got up to go to Mass before work


--- 2 ---
Friday a worker from my department had her retirement function, it was actually a function for three retiring employees. It was very sad, she has been working at this company longer than I have been alive. The function was very nice and touching, there were laughs, memories and really good food.


--- 3 ---
Today Saturday I will be attending a anniversary/birthday Mass then heading out to hangout with the birthday girls. We have no idea where we are going, there is a great place that has a number of places to eat, drink and enjoy free entertainment on Saturday nights. Free live entertainment should be good since I am looking for an affordable night.


--- 4 ---
Today I start praying a St Jude Novena. St Jude is the name of my Church so I usually pray it but with everything going on I was going to skip it this year but since praymorenovenas.com is leading one this year I get my email reminders so I don't have worry about being distracted by everything else going on.

--- 5 ---
For The Not Alone Series this week we discussed Chastity. There were quite a few insightful thoughts so check them out.
--- 6 ---
Only one more week until my retreat. We have so much done yet sometimes it feels like we have so much still to do. We keep praying and working, God is good.

--- 7 ---
A song to end the week.




















For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment