Wednesday 7 October 2015

31 Days of Where I Live (Day 7) - Down de Islands




Day 7 of write 31

I've already established that Trinidad and Tobago is made up of two islands. but that should be two main islands there are others.

Here in Trinidad they are referred to as "down de islands". The "de" is pronounced like a hard d and it means the.



One is a jail, some are inhabited regularly but they are mostly used for a day or weekend get away by the locals.



Chacachacare, Monos, Huevos, Gaspar Grande and Gasparillo Island. 

Little Tobago, St Giles Island, Sisters' Rock and Goat Island off Tobago.



Caledonia Island, Craig Island, Lenagan Island, Nelson Island, Pelican Island Rock Island.


Carrera on the left, Cronstadt on the right


Cronstadt Island, Carrerera Island (the Jail), Faralon Rock, Soldado Rock, Saut D'Eau

 



I took these because I can see some of the islands on my to and from work.

If you would like to learn more about writing for 31 days in a row, please visit www.write31days.com and learn more about it. I chose the "Too Awesome to Categorize" category for my own blog this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment