Monday 12 October 2015

31 Days of Where I live (Day 12) - The National Pledge



Day 12 of write 31.

The National Pledge, written by Marjorie Padmore, is known by by every school age child since it is recited at least once a day in all schools.

I solemnly pledge to dedicate my life
To the service of God
And to my country.

I will honour my parents,
My teachers, my leaders and my elders,
And those in authority

I will be clean and honest in all my thoughts,
My words and my deeds.

I will strive, in everything I do
To work together with my fellowmen
Of every creed and race
For the greater happiness of all
And the honour and glory
Of my country.


If you would like to learn more about writing for 31 days in a row, please visit www.write31days.com and learn more about it. I chose the "Too Awesome to Categorize" category for my own blog this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment