Thursday 17 July 2014

Just Say Thank You

I have a really bad habit. It's not really intentional, it happens automatically and then I'm like .... Nooooooo.

I am very bad at receiving compliments. Worse I tend to point out every flaw I believe I have that makes the compliment untrue. Sometimes there is the awkward silence after I finish my tirade of flaws and oppositions then I feel awful because here is this person being genuinely nice and I'm shoving it back in their face. Poor people don't know what to say next

I used to tell myself it was humility but it's just downright humiliating to me and the poor kind soul who noticed something about good/nice about me and commented on it.

Thank you. I don't know why that is so hard.

It's like every negative comment I have ever heard about myself rushes up and I just have to correct this poor misguided soul who dares try to see something different in me.

I'm trying to change that. I am trying to just say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment