Tuesday 3 June 2014

Not Alone Series: Year In Review

June 4th, 2013 was the very first NAS post! How has your life changed in the past year? How has the NAS community impacted you? Where would you like to see the NAS go in the future?


It's been a year. Wow.

Honestly in the beginning I didn't think we would make it this far.

I started reading Morgan's blog just before the start of this around mid-May I think. She mentioned NAS but I didn't pay too much attention because before her blog I only knew about 4 other single, Catholic bloggers so really how many people would there be. Now Bek is not Catholic but at the time I was just thinking Catholic.Yet here we are a year later with new bloggers joining us all the time.

From the very first post I felt welcome and part of something. Jen and Morgan have been gracious and wonderful hostesses and it has been a pleasure getting to know them. This year has been a really growing experience for me as I have looked at different aspects of my singleness, discernment and just life in general, this link-up has been a huge blessing and I cannot thank them enough for getting us started and keeping us going.

The other ladies who make up this link-up (whether they post every week or not) have been so wonderful to get to know. Not just the posts for NAS but discovering their blogs in general and on facebook. It's great to read what everyone has to say, I often find myself saying "that's me, I totally get that." Not Alone has been the perfect name because I do get to see I am not alone in so many things. I even get new perspectives because sometimes I am just so used to thinking one way I never allowed myself to see anything else.

I never knew I was so emotional. I am NOT a crier but posts and even comments have left me teary. The kindness and encouragement has been overwhelming. There have been times I have written something I think, "I can't believe I wrote that, I must sound like such a .....". Then I would get a comment or read someone else's post and I'll be like "okay that wasn't so bad".

The community. The friendships. People say (don't exactly know who these people are) that you can't make real friends on the internet. I have to disagree. I sometimes find myself quoting you guys and I often say "my friends x said...." I tend to leave out the part that x wrote a blog post that backs up the point I am now trying to make.

Savannah. Really looking forward to spending a weekend with some of these lovely ladies that I have been getting to know for the last year.

You are not lost. You are not broken. You are not left behind. Not Alone.

Thank you for a wonderful year of self-discovery, inclusion and new friends. Thank you for being a blessing I did not even know I needed. Thank you for the support and the community. Thank you Jen and Morgan for what you have started and what you have kept going, I am sure it has not been easy.

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!

How has NAS impacted your life in the last year. Share your thoughts, leave a comment. Visit Jen for the link-up to check out what everyone else is saying about their experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment