Tuesday 21 January 2014

Not Alone Series: Beauty

What does authentic beauty mean to you and how can you be better at believing/accepting that you are, in fact, beautiful?


This is a hard topic to write. I've started over and changed direction about four times already. I know what I want to say but not sure how to say it because I want to keep my scars hidden, to keep me out of it.

As a child I can't say I ever thought about beauty a lot. Sure there were people and things I thought were beautiful but in relation to myself it was a non-issue. Until I first over-heard someone say I was ugly, I had nice eyes but I was basically the ugly duckling. I've always been a stuffer so I more or less buried that and went about my life but without realising it, how I saw myself changed and how I was changed too.

"We are God's workmanship" Ephesians 2:10. We are works of art, created in beauty and in love.

Authentic beauty to me is being yourself, for we are who He has made us.

You have to be comfortable with who you are. Know who you are. That may not be easy if you have been taking your cues from the world around you. "You" tends to get easily lost while trying to be like everyone else.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (not a fan of this by the way). Let God be your beholder. You be your beholder. See yourself as He made you. Unrepeatable. Beautiful

You are beautiful, don't be afraid to tell yourself that every single day. Say it fives times a day.

Don't accept labels that are not yours. She's too fat, too thin, too tall. Don't give labels to other people that you wouldn't want for yourself.

Beauty is inside and outside. Don't try to make someone else feel ugly just to make yourself feel beautiful. It doesn't work like that, we are all beautiful. We can all be beautiful together. Someone else's beauty does not take away from your own.

We are all created by God. He's the ultimate artist just look at the beauty of the world around you. If He could do such an amazing job with the animate why would He do any less on us who He loves beyond measure. We are made in His image and likeness afterall.

See what everyone else has to say on the topic. Visit Jen for the link-up.



No comments:

Post a Comment