Tuesday 5 March 2013

Corn Chowder

I am not necessarily a soup fan, or any soup-like substance for that matter. I will have it once in a while but someone I know made corn chowder a couple weeks ago and it just sounded good to me so I had to make it for myself.

I followed a formula more than a recipe, I took a few things from a few different recipes but stuck closely to what I had on hand because I just didn't want to buy anything extra.


















I used half and half instead of milk or cream which most recipes called for because I already had that although I had milk too but wanted to use up the h & h.The cereal was just on the counter not an ingredient. I actually used 3 carrots because I like them and they were close to their last leg. I used water instead of stock because all I have on hand was homemade turkey stock so that was a no.

Mine was a little sweet because I used sweet creamed corn but I prefer the green giant brand so I didn't mind all that much. The cream or whatever you decide to use is the last addition to the pot just before serving, you want it to just simmer without boiling at this stage and it's ready to serve.


Linking with



No comments:

Post a Comment