Friday 1 March 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday #13


--- 1 ---
Sede vacante. We are in the period of Papal Interregnum. I was only able to follow the events via social media yesterday because I was at work. Thank you to every one who got to watch it live and tweeted, with the number of people doing it I got a really great and emotional picture. "He's getting on the chopper and I'm not going to loose it" "The helicopter is taking off and I'm crying like a baby". Mr I'm not going to loose it did loose but didn't write the second one.
--- 2 ---

Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.
--- 3 ---
I adopted a Cardinal this week. Cardinal Daniel DiNardo of Galveston-Houston. He's a young one, only 63 and has been a Cardinal since November 2007. I'm born in November and I have a few cousins who live in Houston. His middle name is Nicholas. He is actually one of the very few Cardinals that I know
--- 4 ---
My use of Latin has skyrocketed this week.
--- 5 ---
We will soon be on the look out for white smoke. This is the second conclave of my lifetime, the last one I spent practically glued to EWTN and I wasn't even much of a Catholic then, now I have a smartphone and social media so I can keep mobile but I plan to follow just a fiercely though differently this time.
--- 6 ---
Gregory, Hilarius, Innocent, Christoper, Pious. Just a few suggestions
--- 7 ---
A song to end the week.














 



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment