Saturday 4 October 2014

Not Alone Series: Make-up

What are your thoughts on wearing make-up? Do you see a tension between a pressure from society and a God-given desire to be and make life beautiful? Is your use of makeup compatible with the idea that God sees you as naturally beautiful?


I don't wear make-up, at least not on a daily basis. I was a tom-boy growing up and not really into the girly stuff in my early teens. Also when I was about 8, a teacher told us a story about a woman who wore entirely too much make-up. I think a girl or two were already into it or something and she was trying to teach us a lesson on natural beauty and loving ourselves.

I've always been kind of self-conscious about how I look. Make-up made me look different to how I've always seen myself and I just wasn't comfortable with it. I may not see myself as beautiful but I was comfortable with my I looked and just being me.

I do wear make-up occasionally if I going somewhere really dressy like a wedding but I'm no expert so I just do some basic stuff. I really like my eyes and I had a friend a couple times do all that fancy colour matching and mixing stuff to highlight it but I can't really do that on my own. Make-up I believe is only to highlight and accentuate not make you beautiful. Your beauty is already there.

Sometimes I use tinted moisturiser and coloured lipgloss. I think make-up is great for a little confidence boost but it should never be so heavy that no-one can see the real you.

What are your thoughts on make-up? Do you wear a little, a lot or none at all?

Check out what everyone else had to say, visit Morgan for the link-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment