Monday 25 May 2015

Not ALone Series: Good Reads

What books, articles, devotionals, blogs, etc have you been reading, loving and being encouraged by?! Or even, movies, videos, podcasts? Share with us so that we may be inspired, too!



This is very late but I haven't blogged in a while so now that I have a little time I'm trying to get back into it.

I've gotten my hands on a few books that I've loved and am loving lately

Walk Softly and Carry a Great Bag: On the go devotions by Teresa Tomeo



The main thing I love about this book is I don't feel guilty if I miss a day or five since they aren't dated. The devotions are witty and encouraging. Each devotion starts with a bible verse and ends with a prayer with a story n between. The story or devotion is written in a conversational style that I really love.

Unleashed: How to receive everything the Holy Spirit wants to give you by Sonja Corbitt



I'm still reading this one but I like it so far. There are personal questions to ponder at the end of each chapter and ponder I do. It's challenging and encouraging. Eye opening as well.

Behold Your Mother: A Biblical and Historical Defense of the Marian Doctrines by Tim Staples



This was a gift from a friend who also got it signed. Love, love, love friends who know my love for Mary and encourage it. Haven't really read it as yet but I've browsed some of the points but I've liked what I've seen so far.

Blog
Heart of Mary Women's Fellowship - I sort of stumbled upon this online bible study blog for Catholic women. I don't really remember who led me on to them. I'm new to the site so I'm still get a proper feel for it but I like it so far. The current bible study is "Gifts of the Holy Spirit". I subscribe by email so I can keep up. Check them out, see if you like it.

I would love to get back into podcasts but I don't have time right now, however I would love suggestions for what everyone is loving right now.

What are you reading or viewing or listing to that you are loving and being encouraged by? Leave a comment to tell me all about it. Don't forget to visit Morgan for the link-up and to see what everyone else is enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment