Wednesday 13 August 2014

Not Alone Series: Freebie

Feel free to catch us up on life, talk about something that's on your heart or have a stream of conscience post! No rules here! :)


I have never changed a tire. I am very proud of the fact that I have never changed a tire. I have owned this car for about five years and have had about five flats, nicks or whatever and I have gotten them changed without any problem or cost. 

I have no problem with letting men be chivalrous when it comes to car because I am blissful in my ignorance and am in no hurry to change that.

I felt the same way about household repairs and maintenance but I am starting to change my mind on that (not on cars though). Previously if there was a leak I would call the plumber no question. Actually I would call my uncle who was friends with a plumber or I was likely to be waiting a week before I may actually get a plumber.

This past week I have found myself trying my hand at a little diy home repair. I am actually proud of myself. It was nothing major just a small leak in the bathroom. I'm not running out to buy my own set of tools (still don't know the correct names for most of them).

All I had to do was tighten a thingie, I'm very good with the technical names. While I have no plans to be laying tiles or spreading grout it feels good to know what to do without having to call someone for a simple fix.

Did you read Jen and Morgan's posts? Did you hear the exciting news? Head over there to congratulate them and share in the excitement. Also see Jen's post for the link-up to catch up with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment