Friday 14 December 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday: #2


--- 1 ---
I took a cooking class on Saturday. I surprised myself and was very outgoing and personable instead of my usual introvert, pray I'm not called on self. I actually was the first person to volunteer to do something so Yay me!!
--- 2 ---
After Mass on Saturday morning for the Feast of The Immaculate Conception we had a special breakfast organized by Father. Since it is the Cathedral of The Immaculate Conception it is their Feast Day, it was a nice touch since we are currently misplaced since the Cathedral is undergoing renovations and we are using the annex of the school. This was my parish as a child now it's just my Daily Mass parish.
--- 3 ---
I continued my Christmas in Trinidad series, this time about the food. In writing I googled "pelau" not exactly sure what I wanted, an explanation I could link back to or a picture and I found a recipe on epicurious one of my favourite sites for finding recipes so I linked that instead. It's not a perfect recipe but very passable.
--- 4 ---
I had tacos on Wednesday in honour of Our Lady of Guadalupe. When I first made the decision to be more active in celebrating the Saints of Advent, I initially thought elaborate and overboard but then I realized that sometimes simple is best.
--- 5 ---
I sewed my Christmas apron this week. Since I have started learning how to sew I have been going a little apron crazy because for me they are the easiest patterns to follow I didn't even need to read the directions so in the last 2 weeks I have made 4 half aprons and 3 whole aprons using the half apron pattern and adding the top. The Christmas apron is an all in one so I didn't know how to do that then I got my free apron from Nestle and bam I have another apron.
--- 6 ---
I will be giving aprons as Christmas presents to a few people since I currently have a surplus.
--- 7 ---
I have yet to start my Christmas shopping. I put some serious thought into my gifts and I haven't been getting any inspiration this year, usually I have an idea of what I am getting for most people early in the year but this year I am beyond stuck.



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment