Friday 13 February 2015

Not Alone Series: Lonliness

We all have times when we feel alone. What are ways that you combat loneliness? Pray? Join a group? How can we encourage each other to stay positive?




I have always loved being alone. My favourite thing has always been me alone with a book and when I needed it I never had a shortage of people to hang out with. It's hard to be lonely when you like being alone. Right?!?!?!

Wrong.

I have my moments of loneliness not really when I am feeling alone but when I feel like I'm missing someone. Driving in my car and a song comes on and it's one of "those songs" or it reminds you of something and suddenly yo wish that you had someone to share the moment with. Sure you cold call your sister, your mother or yo best friend but it's not the same.

I get these moments sometimes when I'm watching a movie or reading and I just want a special someone to share that time with. At Mass also sometimes it's just being at church and I wish I had someone there with me or the Homily would really speak to me and suddenly I need someone to talk to but they are not there, never have been really.

How do I combat the loneliness. I reach out. I may not have that specific someone in my life but I have other people. People who are there, available and present in my life. People who will cheer me up, talk me through and encourage me forward.

I write. I journal my thoughts and feelings and thoughts. I write letters to my future husband. I need that outlet because sometimes I can't or don't want to share what I'm feeling with anyone else but I really need to get it out.

I reach up. I talk to God. I'll call it "talk", and sometimes it's talk, sometimes it's prayer but often it's "seriously God what is up. You give me these desires and feelings but You're leaving me hanging." In a totally respectful way of course. His timing is perfect but my patience is not.

Loneliness is a feeling, I'm going to feel it but how I react, cope and deal with this feeling doesn't have to be all negative and woe is me.

How do you deal with loneliness? Share in the comments and visit Morgan for the link-up to see what everyone else is saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment