Friday 4 October 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday #43


--- 1 ---
So we have an OFFICIAL date for the canonization of JP II and Pope John 23rd, April 27th. Anyone wants to pay my way to Rome, I will love you forever, babysit your kids without complaint, clean your house or cook every meal for the next 3 years. :)


--- 2 ---
A friend handed me the chance to go to Haiti for some charity work with her in 1st week of November. It's my birthday week that I have been planning for a while but this also feels like a great opportunity but I don't know if I can hold up well when faced with suffering kids. I'm not even sure if I can get the time off from work but I am excited and nervous all at the same time at the thought of being able to go.



--- 3 ---
I will be praying a Novena to the Immaculate Heart of Mary along with praymorenovenas.com in anticipation of Pope Francis consecrating the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on Sunday 13th October. The novena starts today.


--- 4 ---
My favourite department store is having their annual 10 day sale, so tomorrow I am going to pick along the carcass in hopes of finding some things that I want, need and can use. My mother went on the first day and when she left to return what she wanted was sold out but I am still hopeful. There are two branches that I can visit easily tomorrow so I have a few options

--- 5 ---
For The Not Alone Series this week we discussed careers as vocation. There were some very interesting points of view, so check out what everyone had to say.
--- 6 ---
I had to write a press release for our upcoming retreat, I am the most critical of my writing, if I was not working with a deadline I would never even finish. I edited the life out of that thing and I still was not satisfied when I was done. Moving on, anyone have favourite ice-breakers or get to know you activities that can work at a retreat?

--- 7 ---
A song to end the week.

















For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment